Here at Harpole Day Nursery we offer the extended funded scheme which provides your three and four-year-olds with additional hours at the nursery each week.
Starting from the first term of them reaching the age of 3, all children are entitled to 570 hours of free childcare every week. Typically this is taken as 15 hours a week for 38 weeks of the year but you you can take less hours than this if you wish to. From here we will register you with the local authority automatically when you’re child becomes eligible.
Numerous children are also entitled to a further 570 hours, depending on the working hours and parental income. The government refer to this as “30 hours free childcare,” based on a preschool or nursery which opens 38 weeks of the year (1,140 hours divided by 38 weeks = 30.)
We are open for 51 weeks of the year, meaning that the 30 hours actually become 22 (1,140 hours divided by 51 weeks = 22.) We have a limited number of spaces for eligible children so please come in for a chat if you are interested in this.
Important things to know
You can generally get the 22 hours of free childcare if you (and your partner, if you have one) are:
- in work
- are on parental leave, sick leave or annual leave
- each earning at least the National Minimum Wage or Living Wage for 16 hours a week – this is £125.28 if you’re over 25 years of age.
- This earnings limit doesn’t apply if you’re self-employed and your business is newer than 12 months old.
You are not eligible if:
- your child doesn’t usually live with you
- the child is your foster child
- either you or your partner has a taxable income over £100,000
- You can get 30 hours free childcare at the same time as claiming Universal Credit, tax credits or childcare vouchers.
- If you can’t work
You may still be eligible if your partner is working, and you get Incapacity Benefit, Severe Disablement Allowance, Carer’s Allowance or Employment and Support Allowance.
You can also get 30 hours free childcare at the same time as claiming Universal Credit, tax credits, childcare vouchers or Tax-Free Childcare.
Check you’re eligibility here.
How to apply
You can apply online via the government website. You will then receive a unique code which you bring into us at nursery and we verify here. We can then book your child in (if there is space) and you will not be charged.