All eligible 2 year olds are able to claim up to 570 hours a year free of charge. Read on to find if your family can claim…
You need to be receiving at least one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Child Tax Credit Only (income under £16,190, assessed by HMRC)
- National Asylum Support Service
- Guaranteed Element of the State Pension
- Employment and Support Allowance (income-related)
There is an Eligibility Checker on the Northamptonshire council website:
Not all nurseries will be able to offer the free places so do check with your preferred choice of setting if this is available. Those that area able to provide free care will usually do so in one 2 ways:
- up to 11 hours a week if they are open all year round
- up to 15 hours a week if they close for the school holidays
At Harpole Day Nursery we offer year-round care so you can claim 11 hours a week with us.
The local authority says that the nursery you choose must be graded ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted and this is to ensure that your child will experience good quality care. The staff will also be experienced in looking after very young children which means that feeding and sleeping routines can be continued from home. Education at this age isn’t formal but will involve lots of activities to promote learning – anything from playing with gloop in the messy tray to singing action songs in a group.
If you are interested in finding out more, first check your eligibility with the council website above and then give us a call on 01604 830324 to arrange a showround. You will need to bring proof of your eligibility when you join us eg your Income Support details.