Financial help for Northampton parents still at college

 There’s some great news for Northampton parents who are still studying at school, college or university. The government offers financial support in the form of a grant called “Care to Learn” that can be used to pay for childcare costs. That means that you can continue studying and preparing for your future career, even as a parent of a young child.

In order to be eligible, you’ll need to be:

  • aged under 20
  • attending a publicly–funded course (your school, college or learning provider can tell you if your course is eligible)
  • your child’s main carer
  • a British citizen or a national of a European Economic Area (EEA) country

In Northampton, the Care to Learn grant for the academic year 2017-18 is for up to £160 per child per week and is paid directly to your childcare provider.

How to claim

Apply online with the Education Funding Agency or call them on 0800 121 8989.

Find out more about Care to Learn on GOV.UK

Financial help for Northampton parents still at college

Leave a Reply